Congratulations! You are already on the path of enhancing your life to make more of what you hope it will be. It is normal to begin this process feeling a mix of fear, excitement, anxiety, sadness, anger, overwhelm, as well as other emotions. I offer support, skill-building, and the opportunity for exploration in order to help you succeed in your pursuit of personal and relational transformation.
· losses due to miscarriage and infant loss
· exploration of family building options
· individual and couple’s counseling for stress and grief related to fertility challenges
· balancing infertility and medical treatment with engaging wholeheartedly in life
· loss or grief in other significant relationships or areas in life
· anxiety, stress, worry, fears
· school challenges, bullying, peer difficulties, etc.
· negative self-talk, repeated relationship patterns
· single-event trauma (for example: car accident, dog bite, witness to abuse, etc.)
Click here to learn more about EMDR
· couples considering divorce and separation
· parents who experience continued conflict after divorce
· families experiencing challenges with transitions between parents
· families concerned about alienation
Click here to view video on children and divorce
Click here to watch the NBC-Denver's 9News interview with me about
parents dating and considerations for their children
In conjunction to my specialties, I work with many individual and couples on a variety of clinical issues. Assisting clients with a variety of concerns allows me to draw from strengths of many disciplines and allows for increased energy, experience, and motivation. Therefore, I welcome clients facing the following types of concerns:
Abuse Life transitions
Adolescent issues Loss of a child
Anxiety Marriage/relationship enhancement
Assertiveness/communication skills Parenting struggles
Codependency Personal growth/problem solving
Couples and relationship counseling Postpartum depression
Decision-making Pregnancy loss
Depression Pre-marital preparation
Divorce/separation Religious/spiritual concerns
Family issues Self-esteem
Grief and loss Sexual assault/rape
Infertility /Fertility concerns Social skills
Intergenerational family issues Step-family/blended family issues
As an individual, couple and family therapist, I primarily conduct sessions with a strength-based and brief therapy model. This means I will help you focus on reaching specific goals. I utilize cognitive-behavioral and emotion-focused techniques, and incorporate spiritual components in treatment as is important for particular clients. I am also an EMDR-trained practitioner. I welcome collaboration and any questions you have throughout our sessions. I encourage all clients to be active members in sessions—ask questions, tell me your experiences and how you view things; this is integral to building a positive therapist-client relationship. In our sessions, I will facilitate self-discovery and collaborate with you to find solutions that will work for change. As needed, I also offer information or alert clients to potential drawbacks involved in certain choices. Ultimately, the success and length of treatment depend upon my efforts as the clinician and your efforts as a client. In my experience, the most effective work involves clients who are willing and open toward making changes in their lives; research shows that a client’s own willingness and personal resources (strengths) are the primary indicator of a successful outcome in counseling. Other factors important in successful counseling outcomes can be seen in the chart below:
Source: Lambert, M.J., & Barley, D.E. (2002). Research summary on the therapeutic relationship and psychotherapy outcome. In J. Norcross (Ed.) Psychotherapy relationships that work: Therapist contributions and responsiveness to patients. Oxford University Press.
Contact me to discuss additional questions and arrange a time for an initial appointment. My aim is to offer appointments in a time-sensitive manner. I commend you for having the courage to seek help in your growth process and I look forward to speaking with you. If I am not a good fit for you at this time, I will be happy to provide other resources that can provide you with the specific kinds of support that you need.
(720) 532-5600 (While most people use email, calling me is the best way to reach me. I place the highest priority on returning phone calls, especially because the nature of my work is face-to-face contact, which keeps me away from my computer.)
Jennifer Moné, Ph.D., PLLC ● 1776 South Jackson Street, Suite 204 ● Denver, CO 80210 ● 720-532-5600
Copyright © 2020 Jennifer Moné, Ph.D., PLLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder